- rqmicro in Blick 8. February 2018
- Legionella topic in PULS SRF 7. February 2018
- Legionella on the rise – Swiss government deploys task force 30. January 2018
- rqmicro is among 5 Next Big Water Startups in 2018 22. December 2017
- The rqmicro lab moves to Schlieren 19. December 2017
- rqmicro at IPIEC Global 8. December 2017
- rqmicro in “Best of 2017” by Laborpraxis 6. December 2017
- rqmicro Conferences October 2017 3. November 2017
- Factsheet: Viable but non-culturable bacteria 21. September 2017
- Increase of Legionellosis cases in Europe – Infographics July 2017 2. August 2017
- Award at the Swiss Diagnostics Start Up Day 2017 14. July 2017
- CellStream & Legionella pneumophila SG1 Test Kit Video 24. May 2017
- New article about rqmicro’s technology by Laborpraxis.de 10. April 2017
- rqmicro featured in Laborpraxis.de 3. March 2017
- Investor Summit 2017 24. January 2017
- Happy Holiday (Newsletter December 2016) 22. December 2016
- rqmicro among the Top 50 Startups in Switzerland 16. September 2016
- rqmicro at Lab-Supply Trade Fair in Ludwigshafen 12. September 2016
- Exclusive news coverage in Unternehmerzeitung 25. July 2016
- rqmicro AG closes Series A financing round 9. June 2016
Rapid Sample Preparation Instrument
Our instrumentation works in conjunction with our reagent kits and microfluidic cartridges for a complete solution, enabling the user to isolate and stain target cells (e.g. Legionella) from a water sample. The concentrated and purified sample can be directly quantified with a standard flow cytometer.
Our disposable and convenient-to-use microfluidic cartridges enable the user to perform fully automated immunomagnetic separations (IMS) at a high throughput, resulting in isolated samples with greater than 99% purity and over 80% recovery rates. Four samples can be processed in parallel with never-before-seen process stability.
rqmicro’s first flag-ship product revolutionizes microbiological sample preparation:
- Quantitative detection of Legionella in 1-2 hours
- Discrimination of viable and dead cells
- Highly specific monoclonal antibodies
- Recoveries exceeding 80%
- Easy and safe sample handling due to disposable cartridges
Our microfluidic IMS technology and application-specific test kits generate tangible value for water and food laboratories:
- Reduce sample preparation time – skip cultivation and enrichment steps and prepare a clean sample of target bacteria in less than 1 hour
- Minimal manual intervention
- Reduce operator bias – our automated workflow generates consistent results
- Increase lab productivity – one instrument processes up to 8 samples in 1 hour
- Keep maximum analytical flexibility – our IMS process leaves cells completely intact (no lysis) and therefore provides a great basis for any analytical method
Reagents and Kits
Our kits contain all reagents, buffers and cartridges for 96 tests.
rqmicro developed this highly specific kit to simplify and accelerate the detection of Legionella pneumophila SG1 in water samples. Together with the CellStream it opens a new chapter in the field of pathogen detection and in the monitoring of water quality.
Currently under development are kits for the detection of:
- Legionella pneumophila SG1-15
- Legionella spp.
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Giardia spp. and Cryptosporidium spp.
- E. coli O157
We offer microbiological services employing state of the art instrumentation.
Daily maintenance, quality control and decontamination of the systems guarantee rapid and accurate quantification of your samples.
We test your samples using our leading edge technology and deliver quantitative results on the same day. Our proprietary immunomagnetic separation (IMS) combined with flow cytometry provides high quality data with superior background discrimination. We process your samples the same day they arrive in our lab.
Our lab service currently covers:
Legionella pneumophila SG1 (total count, viable count)
We probably have the shortest turnaround time of any Legionella testing laboratory. Our Legionella test service has helped numerous clients ranging from hospitals, hotels, to water laboratories and research institutes.
Total cell count (TCC)
The amount of all cells present in water sample is an important parameter to compare different samples, to track changes and to interpret interventions like heating or chlorination. In contrast to the absolute quantitative TCC, it is well known that only a little fraction of the present cells are able to grow on available agar media. Consequently, the heterotrophic plate count will always be a fraction of the TCC. Therefore, FCM is a superior (culture-independent) technique to quantify all cells, leading to a realistic total cell count (TCC). Cells can easily be stained with dyes that are intercalating with DNA, like SYBR Green (SG). As an additional parameter, we also quantify the ratio of low nucleic acid bacteria (LNA) versus high nucleic acid bacteria (HNA). Monitoring of this parameter has proven to be interesting and can reveal e.g. nutritional changes in a system in absence of a changed TCC.
Viable cell count (VCC)
Dyes that are membrane impermeant can be used to selectively identify dead cells within a sample, since these agents (for example propidium iodide) are generally excluded from viable cells. The application of both SYBR Green and propidium iodide clearly discriminates the viable cells (only stained with SYBR Green) and the dead cells (stained with both dyes) within a sample.
On client demand we also offer other viability stains for example for membrane potential, esterase activity and many more.
On a regular basis we do test hygienic relevant products on their efficacy.
Contact us on order[at]rqmicro.com or +41 (0)44 512 51 51 to receive a quotation and advice on shipping your samples to our lab.