- Increase of Legionellosis cases in Europe – Infographics July 2017 2. August 2017
- Award at the Swiss Diagnostics Start Up Day 2017 14. July 2017
- CellStream & Legionella pneumophila SG1 Test Kit Video 24. May 2017
- New article about rqmicro’s technology by Laborpraxis.de 10. April 2017
- rqmicro featured in Laborpraxis.de 3. March 2017
- Investor Summit 2017 24. January 2017
- Happy Holiday (Newsletter December 2016) 22. December 2016
- rqmicro among the Top 50 Startups in Switzerland 16. September 2016
- rqmicro at Lab-Supply Trade Fair in Ludwigshafen 12. September 2016
- Exclusive news coverage in Unternehmerzeitung 25. July 2016
- rqmicro AG closes Series A financing round 9. June 2016
- rqmicro selected for MassChallenge Switzerland 23. May 2016
- rqmicro awarded with the CTI Label 14. April 2016
- rqmicro on business development tour with #GoGermany 24. February 2016
- Bilan selects rqmicro as Top 50 Startup to invest in 4. February 2016
- rqmicro selected for #GoGermany2016 roadshow 28. January 2016
- Seasons greetings! (Newsletter December 2015) 18. December 2015
- rqmicro wins Heuberger Winterthur Jungunternehmerpreis 2015 13. November 2015
- rqmicro at the Swiss embassy in Beijing 26. October 2015
- rqmicro among the 6 finalists of the Heuberger Winterthur Startup competition 4. September 2015
Rapid detection of microorganisms
Our vision is that consumers worldwide benefit from water and food which is free from microbiological contamination. A crucial step towards realizing that vision is to detect various pathogens in a quick and accurate way. This is why we developed a technology that delivers fully quantitative test results at an unmatched speed.
Our customers in the water and food industries will realize significant financial benefits using our rapid microbiological test platform and make the world a safer place.
Hundreds of millions of samples are tested each year to detect harmful bacteria in drinking and environmental water. Still, harmful bacteria in drinking and environmental water cause disease and lead to enormous economic damage. Water distributors, cooling towers, hotels and hospitals are struck by regular outbreaks of harmful bacteria and have to stop operation until the source of contamination can be located.
rqmicro develops specific test kits to rapidly detect waterborne Legionella pneumophila, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Giardia spp. and Cryptosporidium spp.
The safety of food and beverage products from harmful bacteria is only guaranteed through extensive microbiological testing conducted at several instances in the food supply chain. More than a billion of tests are conducted each year to assure the safety of food and beverage products from harmful bacteria. Still, food producers face increasing problems as half of all food recalls are caused by microbiological contamination. However, current test methods leave inventory worth millions of dollars stuck in quarantine and do not prevent regular food recalls.
Salmonella, pathogenic E. Coli, Listeria, and Campylobacter are among the pathogens for which rqmicro develops specific test kits.
Test time: 1 hour instead of 3-10 days
Slow tests cause significant costs in food supply chains and delay outbreak localization. rqmicro’s rapid test technology produces results at an unmatched speed in complex samples.
- Sample filtration using markers
- Antibody bead complex conjugation
- On-chip sample separation
Test resolution: 1 cell instead of >1000 cells
Inaccurate tests cannot prevent outbreaks and food recalls. rqmicro’s fully quantitative single cell count solution creates peace of mind.
- Single cell count
- Detection viable but nonculturable (VBNC) cells
- Total cell count and viable cell count (TCC, VCC)
Test operation: 1 step instead of many
Complex and manual test workflows require qualified personnel and are prone to operator bias. rqmicro’s test platform is fully automated and produces consistent results.
- Consistent results due to the elimination of operator bias
- Automated one-step operation